So...You want to be a player Super Collector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

? What does it mean now? It's basically public bragging rights. Maybe it means more than that to some, others not.

If too many people got the title, it wouldn't be as meaningful.

I'm not sure I agree that more awards would be made and the level of collections "watered down" as well, but it's hard to say. People are impressed by different things and voting most likely would be hard to predict. I know I would not have passed several collections that are now considered super, but that is just my sole opinion.

One rule I would change though would be that only one person from the site could be a SC of any given player. If we are grading collections, then the rest have to take a back seat to THE super collection for any given player. Let's use Mark Brunell as an example since we have all seen the collection highlights. Jaderock is not an "official Bench super collector" at this time and I am assuming he has not applied. Would you feel right awarding the title to any other Brunell collector knowing the depth of his collection? I think not! That would make it extra interesting when there were several active collectors of key players, where the title could change hands at any given moment.

I think the current system works well. I imagine that most applicants are rejected, and I think such rejections are best done from behind the scenes. Also, a smaller committee will tend to be more consistent.

But I hope the Bench awards are on for this year. I enjoyed voting for those last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing how people have improved their collections.

They are on Dave, we plan on making that a yearly thing:)

Matt stole my thunder! Yes, I am planning on running them again. I will start taking applications in mid-August and start the tourney in September.

Tim

Cool and thanks. I'm going to have to start looking for a perfect card so I can have an entry.

I am looking forward to it. Probably NOT going to defend my set collector title - I will let someone else win that but I will try in another category I am sure.

Thanks,

Jeff

I sent in my application for Jose Canseco super collector status a few weeks ago.. haven't heard a thing back yet about it. How long does it take to get a response?

I sent in my application for Jose Canseco super collector status a few weeks ago.. haven't heard a thing back yet about it. How long does it take to get a response?

We had a lot of applications ahead of you and it's been hectic around here for me. Doesn't normally take this long but we're getting there:)

What about players that just recently came out?Such as the 08 football class.Would I be able run for Super Collector of a 08 RC?Because they dont have a whole lot of cards out yet,I was wondering if this would be eligable(Although,more cards are released everyday).Also,I would like to see the Team Collector thing work out too.Thanks and LMK.
-Patrick

What about players that just recently came out?Such as the 08 football class.Would I be able run for Super Collector of a 08 RC?Because they dont have a whole lot of cards out yet,I was wondering if this would be eligable(Although,more cards are released everyday).Also,I would like to see the Team Collector thing work out too.Thanks and LMK.
-Patrick

How many cards are we talking about? If the guy has like 20 cards you better have just about all of them:) Smaller collections are judged tougher than larger collections from what I have noticed.

Well right now the player im thinking about doing has about 62 cards.It increases almost everyday.I probably wont send a application in for about a month are so.When the top brands start making there 08-09 cards,his number of cards will rise im a pretty good amount im sure.I also have lots of other non-card items to.Lets say he has,200 cards.About how many do you think I would need to have to have a chance at being a SC?

Last edited:
Well right now the player im thinking about doing has about 62 cards.It increases almost everyday.I probably wont send a application in for about a month are so.When the top brands start making there 08-09 cards,his number of cards will rise im a pretty good amount im sure.I also have lots of other non-card items to.Lets say he has,200 cards.About how many do you think I would need to have to have a chance at being a SC?

The lowest collections I can think of are mine for Choi, Jeremy Giambi at 403 cards and 86% and Hensley Meulens with 98 cards at 90%.

Hey Matt!
A while back I asked obout being team collector and you said that the Bench only did players collectors. I noticed that JJLevitsky is a set collector....how is this a player collector? Just curious is all. Thanks.
Hope all is well with you.

Carl

Hey Matt!
A while back I asked obout being team collector and you said that the Bench only did players collectors. I noticed that JJLevitsky is a set collector....how is this a player collector? Just curious is all. Thanks.
Hope all is well with you.

Carl

Hey Carl:) Jeff won the 2007 Set Collection division last year and has that as an award, this is a totally different thing that the SC program. That is a yearly contest where people submit collections from different areas and everyone on The Bench gets to vote.

The lowest collections I can think of are mine for Choi, Jeremy Giambi at 403 cards and 86% and Hensley Meulens with 98 cards at 90%.

Well,I'll send in my application when I think I've gotten a fair amount to be cosidered.Im really gonna start workin on it,over the summer since I got alot of spare time.Thanks for the help!
-Patrick

Hey Carl:) Jeff won the 2007 Set Collection division last year and has that as an award, this is a totally different thing that the SC program. That is a yearly contest where people submit collections from different areas and everyone on The Bench gets to vote.
Ahhhhhh....I see. thanks for the quick reply!

Carl

You'll need to complete a bunch of trades before you can submit. From the rules on page 1:
Since this is a trade tool you need to have an up-to-date want or have list of the player, must have 20 completed trades and a 5.0 Trader Rating!

I would like to get a SC tag for Alfonso Soriano. I should have 20+ Bench points a few weeks into July. Until then I will be making a have lost for him.
thanks,
sam