Is Beckett.com being a pain for anyone else right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It is up, however it just took about 2 full minutes for me to login and it show that it is me logged in, I then clicked on my "my organize" link to check my lists, and that has now been "Loading" for 3 minutes and still isnt showing my organize page.

for those of you on Beckett

I just went there and the site is down Its says a couple of hours but I will beleive it when I see it. So if you are looking or trying to get in you wont be able to. I know that site has gotten petifull if thats what you would like to call it. So for right now there will be no online pricing from that site. Well for the time being anyways. I thought some of you would like to know.

The message I got was downloading the new site. Check back in a couple of hrs Feb 05 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info.

I let my paid subscription expire without renewing. I'm going to try to use a combo selling prices on Check Out My Cards.com and common sense for awhile. I have no problem paying for a service that works. If I gave my clients service like Beckett provides I would be out of a job!

On the bright side I can send a couple of mailers each month with my savings. And I will give them another chance in the future if and when they roll out their new site and I hear positives I will be more than happy to return.

Thanks,

Frank

Last edited:
Its disgusting, this is the second time in 2 weeks that the site has done this. I just started my year subscription in January and have only been to use it a couple of times.

dont know what everybody's problem is, ive been adding cards and have made over 20 trades in the last 2 weeks--its been working fine with me--i know this new site will be alot better, just dont rush them--when things get rushed, problems arise---let them get it right

rob

It appears that Beckett is finally putting up their new site. Let's just cross our fingers that they live up to their promises for once.

Just got this message off of the website.

The www.beckett.com ( beta.beckett.com ) website is down while we copy the last bits of most recently changed data to the NEW www.beckett.com web site.

Please try to be patient as we merge in all the things you’ve done in the last couple of days. Please allow us a couple of hours before checking back in.

I will update this message when we have an ETA.

--- IT Guy (posted Saturday, Feb 5, 6:00PM)

Is anyone else surprised Beckett actually has an IT Guy? :)

- Chris

New web site would be great, but if they run it on their usual 486 servers with 8mb of ram it will be same old same old.

tried to log-on and got a message

the message stated that the site was finishing last-minute migration from the old site and will be down a few hours. never seen a message like that before nor since. weird. anyway, i posted a message on their thread about the new site and was suspended for 36 hours for voicing my opinion. i think they got mad because i called them liars. hard to prove or disprove that they have lied about the site but i have been with them since 2003 and am sick of the b...s! if there were any other site with any kind of customer service and caring, i would ditch beckett in a heartbeat.

i believe most of you folks would join the jump but nothing has come along yet. therefore, beckett knows they have a monopoly and can do as they please. quite sad but true. the world is like this now too. that is why i love this website; people care and have integrity! love it!

dont know what everybody's problem is, ive been adding cards and have made over 20 trades in the last 2 weeks--its been working fine with me--i know this new site will be alot better, just dont rush them--when things get rushed, problems arise---let them get it right

rob

Not rushing them. Just glad to see its down so maybe now the new site will be there and work a lot faster. I have been on Beckett since 2009 and that is where I made my first trade ever on the computer. I personlly dont care if it takes 7 days as long as the site works so I can refernece my organize to everyones set needs here.

I'm so sick of Beckett... I'm so sick of Topps... Now that they are both officially monopolies, we are left with two choices: 1. accept it, or 2. stop collecting.

Not a great position to be in for us collectors.

As of 8:40am Pacific - I was able to log in but I don't see anything new, and it is still SLLLOOOOWWWWW...

- Chris

I was on for about 5 minutes and then it goes back to an error. And nothing is new. It all looks the same to me. I wish it would go back to the old becket.com

I was on for about 5 minutes and then it goes back to an error. And nothing is new. It all looks the same to me. I wish it would go back to the old becket.com

I am getting the error message now too. I am holding out hope that when they get it all figured out it will be amazing and between The Bench and the new Beckett I will be able to become an ultimate card collecting machine.

- Chris

There is a post by ITGuy on the baseball message boards there that the new site had been up and running, but they noticed a few small problems and tweeks that needed to be made so they brought it back down so that those could be addressed. I'm glad to see that they are not rushing the new site out until all problems are fixed.
Hopefully we'll see something later today.

Jason

EDIT:
Originally posted by ITGuy:
We brought up the new site this morning and did some final testing with the full data set. We found a couple of things that needed to be correct, and a couple of other places where it simply was not running at the speed we wanted.

We've shut the new site back down to address these issues. We will get it back up as soon as possible.

There is a post by ITGuy on the baseball message boards there that the new site had been up and running, but they noticed a few small problems and tweeks that needed to be made so they brought it back down so that those could be addressed. I'm glad to see that they are not rushing the new site out until all problems are fixed.
Hopefully we'll see something later today.

Jason

EDIT:
Originally posted by ITGuy:

Do you know what the new site is going to be like? From what I saw this morning it was all the same. I saw nothing new or different.